[78-L] More Ferrante & Teicher on Entre

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Tue Jan 25 14:56:17 PST 2011

They certainly multitracked on their Westminster albums, and at various speeds.
They weren't on Columbia all that long..don't know if they were overdubbing
much or just using prepared pianos. They even played straight on an MGM album
in the early 50s. I still think they were at their best before they realized
they needed to have hit records and foisted Egssodust on us. Even then, they
occasionally turned out some nice stuff..as well as a version of Rhapsody in
Blue that was so appalling I yanked it off the air midway and apologized to my
listener.

The commercial issue probably said "PD" if it said anything. Radio station
discs like library transcriptions (Standard, World etc) listed the appropriate
music clearing organization and I've seen "free" used on occasion.

dl