[78-L] Add mp3 support to Audacity

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Mon Jan 24 14:53:34 PST 2011

On 1/24/2011 5:33 PM, Doug Duncan wrote:

> Which version of Audacity do you have installed please?

Audacity 1.2.6

> Sorry that it wasn't quite as helpful as I hoped.
>
> However, try going to edit ->  audio files and it offers mp3 export
> library location together with a status of whether the plug-in is
> installed or not. If not it offers to find the library and download
> LAME. Download and save Lame. Then execute. Please note that this is the
> installer and that you don't need to execute it more than once. That is
> why it is asking you if you want to install it every time.
>
> regards,
>
> Doug

Might be that I don't have anything currently IN Audacity, since the last
couple of test items ended up being saved as .wav files. Previous attempts to
export brought up the "no link, no nuttin'" response. I'll try futzing around
with it this evening.

After HOUSE (oh, and Hot in Cleveland and that thing with Kathy Bates..only
night there's anything worth watching..I don't even get Detroit 187 tomorrow
coz the Prez will be speaking and then pundits will tell us what the Prez said).