[78-L] Add mp3 support to Audacity

Doug Duncan d_duncan at ntlworld.com
Mon Jan 24 14:33:59 PST 2011

On 24/01/2011 22:06, David Lennick wrote:
> There is no "libraries" tab on my Audacity preferences page. That entire
> vertical panel on the left doesn't appear on mine..I get six tabs across the
> top, none of which goes to "libraries" even when I open them.
>
> Hmmmm.
>> On 1/24/2011 3:14 PM, Doug Duncan wrote:
>>> I tripped over this today.
>>>
>>> Maybe it will be helpful to some of us.
>>>
>>> http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/40274/how-to-add-mp3-support-to-audacity-to-save-in-mp3-format/
>>>
>>> regards,
>>>
>>> Doug Duncan

Which version of Audacity do you have installed please?

Sorry that it wasn't quite as helpful as I hoped.

However, try going to edit -> audio files and it offers mp3 export
library location together with a status of whether the plug-in is
installed or not. If not it offers to find the library and download
LAME. Download and save Lame. Then execute. Please note that this is the
installer and that you don't need to execute it more than once. That is
why it is asking you if you want to install it every time.

regards,

Doug