[78-L] Live recordings in the 1930's (was Jack Jackson date)

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com
Sat Jan 22 18:27:08 PST 2011

There's an album with those 1934 "Dorchester" recordings (Jack Jackson &
His Orchestra with Alberta Hunter) which is advertised as actually being
recorded in the hotel:
http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/pid/1027357/a/Legendary+Alberta+Hunter%3A+%2734+London+Sessions.htm
Chris Albertson has written the liner notes. I don't have the album - if
anyone has, it'd be interesting to know if he gives more details about
the recordings.
Kristjan