[78-L] Jack Jackson date

J. E. Knox rojoknox at metroeast.org
Thu Jan 20 12:18:45 PST 2011

Greetings from FixitLand!

David Lennick wrote:

> London (naturally), February 28, 1935. Jackie Hunter, vocal. HMV BD
> 131 and
> Rust-Forbes doesn't list the Victor issue. A few English dance
> bands listed
> their locations on the label..Ambrose comes to mind.

Thanks much, David -- have updated the "tags" in the transfer I did
yesterday. Have had that copy of Victor 25042 since practically
forever but never knew the "stats" on the B side.

I still wonder which specific studio was used...the matrix prefix is
supposed to be an indication to some degree, and I thought the 0EA/
2EA sides came from Abbey Road, but I know the Rust books (aside from
VMB) rarely specify such ephemera. The matrix number in the wax is
accompanied by a square, indicating the "Blumlein" recording system
(again, as I understand it).

Take care,

Joe
--
"Evolutionary theory puts mankind on top of the evolutionary ladder.
Cats find this folly quite amusing."--Karl Knox (1960-2005)