[78-L] Nice Group of VICTOR 'SWING CLASSIC' records

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 17 20:52:33 PST 2011

I have a couple of those listed in my collection.I mentioned Hampton's "Gin for
Christmas"
to a friend of mine in Texas,I have a very worn copy of it plus an equally
battered "The
Heebie Jeebies(Are Rockin' the Town)"and "Flying Home".My late friend Al
Hendrickson
owned the "Jam Session at Victor' 78.I have numerous other "Swing Classics"
Victors:A
few by Tommy Dorsey,"Satan Takes a Holiday"."Nola","Weary Blues" and Larry
Clinton's "Midnite in the Madhouse" plus a couple from the circa 1945 Victor set
of the
"Bunny Berigan Memorial Album".I wore them out about 45 years ago.They were
"Trees,
Black Bottom,Jelly Roll Blues,and Russian Lullaby.I owned them since 1965;I was
14 at
the time.The others were acquired in the late '60s through  the early '70s.