[78-L] Help me understand the logic...

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Mon Jan 17 14:17:44 PST 2011

On 1/17/2011 4:57 PM, Glenn Longwell wrote:
> Ok, here's something I can't figure out from our favorite on-line auction site, ebay.
>
> ... I buy the first handful at my best offer price and then I get a warning about having exceeded the maximum number of items I can purchase from the seller within the past 10 days!   WHAT???
>
> I contacted the seller and he/she said it was a default setting in ebay that he has now removed.  I still can't get past it but I'm not asking how to fix it (he's working on that) I'm trying to understand what possible logic is there in stopping someone from buying multiple items from a seller?  What seller would not want this to happen and why?  I've only reached 10 so far.  This is crazy.  What am I missing?  When did ebay form a seller prevention team to think of these things? OK, maybe that's a loaded question...
>
> Glenn

This is CRAZY.  I can think of a half-dozen instances where I have
bought 20 or 30 low priced items (like a dollar) from a dealer at one
time.  Postcards, stamps, radio verification letters, commemorative
poker chips (many with pictures of Walter Cronkiite!!!) etc,etc.  Yes,
and even a batch of ETs he was listing one at a time.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com