[78-L] Buster Bailey [was Pre-bop [was Five Faves]]

yves francois aprestitine at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 16 17:38:46 PST 2011

Julian -
    I am playing the record now, the LP I have is Felsted stereo SJA 2003- listening to Bear Wallow now, nice record,there is a bad edit from the end of Bailey's solo to the ensemble IMHO, the fade is about 12 bars later - the fade itself is not too bad actually, but is the splice on the mono LP I wonder, let me know if you need a mp3 ...
While we are on this LP - the second track is almost Cushion Foot Stomp (Harton Avenue and Gayoso Street) ... a very nice LP, just wish Hilton, Vic and Herman were on the whole LP, Autrey sounds so much better here than on the Fats Waller 78's, but I am going to get into trouble for saying that I guess ... but then this IS one of my favourite records
a happy new year to you
Yves