[78-L] fwd: The CD is dead

Mark Bardenwerper citrogsa at charter.net
Sun Jan 16 11:25:32 PST 2011

On 1/16/2011 11:12, David Lennick wrote:
> And other specialty companies like Dust-to-Digital and Archeophone are turning
> out marvelous stuff. The King Cole Carnegie Hall concert on Hep has been doing
> nicely as well, I'm told, but I wonder if it's been swiped and put up on free
> sites (or maybe the question should be "how many free sites").
>
> dl
Question:
Are CD's completely manufactured, recorded and packaged in the same
place, or do small outfits bring in blank CD's and do the rest?
Note:
Most of us know that there is a distinct advantage to having the high
quality CD version rather than having the sifted MP3.

--
Mark L. Bardenwerper, Sr. #:?)
Technology, thoughtfully, responsibly.