[78-L] Facebook meets my 78 collecting. How to find me

J. E. Knox rojoknox at metroeast.org
Fri Jan 14 13:44:07 PST 2011

Greetings from FixitLand!

Dennis Flannigan wrote:

> ...First, how to post. I upload my mp3 file to picosong.com. I then
> copy the
> tiny url they provide you, paste it into Facebook via the status
> update
> option, where in a second it appears, and begin typing my comments.
> Limited
> to 440 characters and all that. Then I push the share button and it's
> available.

Sounds good, but there's one bad thing -- it's MP3 only. That locks
out AAC (MP4) files, which is the standard file format for iPods and
iTunes. For that matter, there's a 10-MB file size limit, which locks
out uncompressed files such as WAV and AIFF (which I prefer).

Take care,

Joe
—
Cats: I've got 'em right where they want me.