[78-L] Happy Birthday

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Sat Jan 8 10:20:21 PST 2011

Female partygoer: "I think that Brubeck and Desmond have gone just as far with dissonance as I care to go."
Male partygoer: "Oh, nonsense. Have you heard Lenny Tristano's latest recording? He reached outer space!"
Female partygoer: "Someday they'll make the cycle and get back to pure old Dixieland. I say that atonality is just a passing phase in jazz music. What do you think, Mr. Everett?"
Elvis Presley (as Vince Everett): "Lady, I don't know what the hell you're talkin' about."

- From "Jailhouse Rock" - 1958

Happy Birthday, Elvis.

Cary Ginell