[78-L] 14" Pathes and weird noises

James Tennyson jtennyson at sympatico.ca
Sat Jan 8 09:21:58 PST 2011

I understand that the thumping noise you described in the Victor acoustics
was traced to the  recording engineer blowing wax shavings away from the
recording stylus. When you listen to it , it sounds like just that.  There
was  am article about this which appeared  about 1923  called " How a
Ghostly Knock Spoiled a Costly Phonograph " record. It was reprinted in the
Amberola Graphic. I 'll see if I can find it later.
Message: 1