[78-L] Victor Record News

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Wed Jan 5 06:42:01 PST 2011

Headlines in the 7/30/43 issue:

Perry Como, New Victor Star, Takes Nation By Storm Following Success in Mid-West
Hit Tunes by Miller, Hawkins, Shaw, Martin & Como Star Latest Victor and Bluebird Releases
Urgent! Record Packing Material Must Be Returned

Front page reviews of
Artie Shaw "Now We Know" b/w Freddy Martin "All or Nothing at All" (20-1537)
Perry Como "Goodbye, Sue"/"There'll Soon Be a Rainbow" (20-1538)

Inside stories:

Old Familiar and Race Lead to Extra Profit
Streamer for Spike Follows Him on Tour
Dealer Enthusiasm Inspires Release of More Smart Set Replicas for August Display

Then two full pages of store layouts
Two pages of Red Seal activity, including "Music You Want" profile, Jeanette MacDonald's operatic debut, profile of "This Is the Army."

Not a word mentioned about the Petrillo ban.

Cary Ginell