[78-L] Cecil and Sally Transcriptions c.1930

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Tue Jan 4 11:22:26 PST 2011

On 1/4/2011 2:20 AM, 78records at cdbpdx.com wrote:
>>>Not likely to see many of these.  Enjoy!  CDB

I don't know.  Is about 148 complete and twelve or so half-episodes your definition of "not many"?  Several large groups of discs were discovered 2 or 3 years ago by a couple of researchers in the Old Time Radio community and they made a nice presentation last year at one of the OTR conventions.  It is a series I had long wanted to hear because I had written about it in my dissertation but no recordings were available.  I just counted up the number of episodes that are posted on the Old Time Radio Researchers Group website.  As usual they didn't give us the matrix numbers but I know where I can probably get them except for the three episodes that they don't have any ID for.  There are large gaps of course, considering there were well over 1400 episodes.  Their earliest is 63 and their latest is 1376.

http://www.otrrlibrary.org/c.html  You have to be a member, though.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com