[78-L] ARTO Label Question

78records at cdbpdx.com 78records at cdbpdx.com
Sun Jan 2 07:30:23 PST 2011

I wonder how ARTO got away using the batwing design when they were only 90 miles up the road from Victor.  Seems Victor would have been all over them for copyright infringement.  Unless Victor copied ARTO's batwing design..??  Were the ARTO label records made before, during, or after the Victor batwings?

Just a note, my YT recordings are all 1 channel to begin with.  My turntable is plugged into the computer at the MIC input, only a single channel.  The audio file created is 2 channel with both channels being identical.

Thanks!  CDB

Tyrone Settlemier talk78s.settlemier at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 2 05:13:01 PST 2011

Arto was completely unrelated to Victor.  Also unrelated to Emerson,
although both used the 45-degree "univeral" cut.  If you post this to
youtube, transfer in stereo, then throw away one of the channels.

I wouldn't call them truly rare, but you don't run across them every day,
either.

By the way, enjoyed the Glenn Miller promo you posted recently.
Tyrone