[78-L] Bing Crosby

DAVID BURNHAM burnhamd at rogers.com
Sat Jan 1 21:43:16 PST 2011

dl wrote:

wasn't aware of that set. Presume it includes the disc that was sold only as
a premium to raise money for the St. Columban Missionary Society (Silent
Night/Adeste Fidelis + Lift Up your Hearts + Stabat Mater)?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The 2 CD set does include the early Silent Night and Adeste Fideles, this is the
Silent Night where he reads the chorus line as "Sleeps in Heavenly Peace"
instead of "Sleep in Heavenly Peace".  It doesn't include a version of Jingle
Bells with a breakdown.  I think the only reason in includes the other 1942
version of White Christmas is because the usual take is in such poor condition.

In answer to another question, this set only includes the Decca recordings.  It
claims to include all of B.C.'s Christmas recordings for Decca but it doesn't
include another L.P. I have which is something like a trip around the world but
then that L.P. includes a number of performances which aren't by Bing.

db