[78-L] Collectors Record Shop NY

Thomas Stern sternth at attglobal.net
Sat Jan 1 18:39:09 PST 2011

a little digging turned up some additional information:
Collectors Record Shop was in business and started issuing records
in the late 30's (NY Times May 1 1938)
CRS 2 was noted in AMERICAN MUSIC LOVER 1939, Sarah Bernhardt, from Edison 35013.
BILLBOARD 26JAN1957 notes the first 8 issued on FAMOUS RECORDS OF THE PAST FRP,
10 and 12 inch LP's.
NY TIMES SEP 30 1962 notes Caidin contributed some recordings to
the INSTITUTE OF SOUND (Richard Striker, Dr.A.F.R.Lawrence, Richard L Alderson).
- their mission was to collect and make available for listening rare recordings including live material.  They had a subscription
plan which gave one the right to a specified
number of hours of listening time.
Anyone know what became of that organization?

Thanks!  Best wishes, Thomas.