[78-L] Seeking Caruso in car photo

Kristjan Saag saag at telia.com
Sat Jan 1 08:52:28 PST 2011

 From
http://www.ideasinactiontv.com/tcs_daily/2005/05/the-most-important-fifth-wheel.html
"Incidentally, most American cars, like the European ones, had
right-hand drive until the end of the first decade of the 20^th century.
Then it apparently began to dawn on everyone that the driver no longer
had to lean out the right side of the vehicle with his whip hand. The
only "horses" were those under the hood, and since the left side gave
better visibility on American roads... hey, why not?
A few manufacturers began moving the steering wheel to the left side,
but it was Henry Ford who sealed the thing in 1908, putting left-hand
drive on his Model T, the car that would literally change the world and
be the runaway best-seller for many decades".

The car on the 1908 Caruso pic is a Rambler.
Kristjan