[78-L] Christmas -B sides

Rodger Holtin rjh334578 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 31 15:21:26 PST 2010

Had to be 1975-1977 my wife was watching the Dinah Shore TV talk show and she had Bing Crosby and Phil Harris as guests.  The discussion turned to records and Dinah asked Bing what was on the flipside of "White Christmas."  Bing had no idea, but Phil piped up immediately and told them that it was the last record in the Holiday Inn album and that "Let's Start the New Year Right" was the flip. [Decca 18429]

Today's 78-L Trivia question is to list original issues of Christmas tunes of the 78-era with their flip sides.  (I'm curious to know what was suitable for the flip side of Santa Baby!)  One of my favorites was "Boogie Woogie Santa Claus" which was the "front" side of Patti Page's smash hit "Tennessee Waltz" [Mercury 5534]

Rodger

For Best Results use Victor Needles.

.