[78-L] first e.bay problem

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Dec 31 01:11:31 PST 2010

My daughter has a package theft problem in her building, so important
packages are sent to my address instead.  But if she wants it there
sooner, we have built into her electronic address in the second line
"DoNotLeaveByDoorIfNotHome" and have a similar sign on her door.  Since
I have a P.O. Box, my problem with potential missing packages is not
with USPS but with FedEx and UPS.  Fed Ex and UPS just drop the packages
by the door and don't even knock.

Last year I bought an expensive book about album covers from Japan and
paid the extra for tracking.  Lucky, because it got lost in U.S. Customs
at JFK in NYC.  He got a refund and refunded me.  Leah's Post Office has
not mastered the art of Express Mail, and twice we have gotten refunds
-- once $102 -- because they can't get them out of Brooklyn on the first
afternoon.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com