[78-L] First eBay problem [FWD]

Mike Harkin xxm.harkin at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 29 02:30:10 PST 2010

The thief/theif wouldn't know it was 'only' B&W film unless package were marked on the outside; this has never stopped anybody from stealing something on spec and shlepping it to his lair before finding out what it is.  THEN he decides whether to throw it away, or flog it to his receiver.

On a happier note, I ordered a book from the publisher some years ago.  When it didn't turn up after 3-4 months, they sent a replacement at their expense.  One year to the day after they posted it [invoice date] the original turned up.  Donated it to local library.  Never did find out where it had lain behind a table for a year, Bulgaria or US.

Mike in Plovdiv