[78-L] Me and "Me and Orson Welles"

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Sat Dec 25 07:31:49 PST 2010

One other note about this scene. Before the curtain went up to reveal the scene you describe below, Welles ordered that all the red EXIT lights in the theatre be extinguished, which was, of course, a violation of the New York City fire code. So the theater was in complete darkness when a voice cried out "CAESAR!!" and Joseph Holland, as Caesar, appeared, dressed in a fascist uniform, saying "Bid every noise be still!"

Cary Ginell