[78-L] Sargent Messiah^^

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Dec 24 15:32:08 PST 2010

The Canadian pressing would have been from parts supplied by Capitol in
Hollywood, and their transfers from EMI masters were notoriously lousy and they
only got worse on Seraphim. Griffith must have worked from the first generation
tape.  Me, I'm still trying to find the 1959 Beecham recording. I have it on
mono RCAs which is all I've managed to turn up. I know it came out on CD but it
seems to be a hard one to find.

dl