[78-L] Lombardo

Taylor Bowie bowiebks at isomedia.com
Thu Dec 23 21:24:51 PST 2010

Thanks for the clarification, Stephen...I agree with you also that it did
start to often wear thin by the 40s...that said,  one of my fave Lombardo
records of all time is his Decca from around 1948 of Seems Like Old
Times...something about the song and the arrangement really fits Guy's
style.

Garber made more of a switch from time to time...and when he went sweet,  he
went REALLY sweet...far cry from his Victors of '27 or his Columbias from
'28 to '30.  I have Garber's Black & White label version of The Gypsy which
is so over the top it almost sounds like a parody of sweet bands...of course
I like it.

I wish you would send a link or post something on YouTube of your singing
tribute to Carmen...that I would love to hear.

Taylor