[78-L] Me and Orson Welles

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Dec 23 19:26:11 PST 2010

Just watched this movie tonight..I don't recall seeing it mentioned on any of
our groups, and it's a shame because it's fabulous and jam-packed with vintage
1930s recordings. Lots of Duke Ellington, which is fine by me..the music list
will be huge and it was impossible to read. Oh, and the acting ain't half bad
either, and Joseph Cotten looks like Joseph Cotten and Orson Welles looks (and
sounds) like Orson Welles. Actually this is the best Welles portrayal I've ever
heard or seen.

Three false notes occur in a scene at a radio station. Don't know why those
were the only ones I noticed. (Okay, the sprinkler makes four.)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1175506/