[78-L] My Dad's Gramophone.

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 22 18:59:50 PST 2010

The earliest grand opera record I ever heard was an Edison thick disc by Anna
Case.It was "men
quo vo".This was back in 1959 when I was given an old Brunswick machine with the
records.The
record didn't have the white paper label on it;it was etched in black.I gave to
a dear friend of mine
from Italy around 35 years ago.She recently passed away at the age of 85.