[78-L] My Dad's Gramophone.

Spats spats47 at ntlworld.com
Wed Dec 22 09:17:27 PST 2010

Hi!

I don't remember us having a gramophone until my parents bought me a
wind-up portable Rexene covered Decca when I was three as a Xmas
present or maybe a birthday present. No, I listened to my
great-uncle's 1920s HMV table top gramophone.

On that, he would play me records of Caruso, Chaliapin, Galli-Curci
and Supervia. 60 years later, and even though my tastes have
broadened (I discovered Duke Ellington in my teens, for instance)
and I still listen to the same music. There's nothing like the GREAt
opera singers!

Earl.