[78-L] First 78 & my filing system

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Tue Dec 21 16:05:35 PST 2010

The only way I can justify how much I have now is by declaring it an "archive," and making sure it is organized, labeled, and properly categorized. There are no "ungone-through" piles, unless they consist of stuff I'm going to sell on eBay or at a record meet some day. But all records that I own are in a proper, easy-to-be-found place, with their contents duly noted in my database. I can't stand not being able to find something or put my hands on it within 60 seconds. Drives me nuts. Sometimes I just get the urge to hear my favorite misogynistic hillbilly record: "Bell Clappin' Mama" by Bill Carlisle on Bluebird and I GOTS to lay my hands on it NOW!

"Bell clappin' mama don't you let your tongue be clappin' all the time
Gonna take my razor and cut your clapper off, till you cain't do nothin' but whine"

Cary Ginell