[78-L] Kukla, Fran and Ollie

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sun Dec 19 19:52:02 PST 2010

On 12/19/2010 4:29 PM, David Lennick wrote:
> Those of you (us) who got hooked on television in the early 50s will know why
> this is somewhat momentous..although a few years ago I picked up a VHS with two
> programs from around 1950 which were sponsored by RCA Victor, and both were 15
> minute commercials for current Victor releases. Let's hope these at least have
> some program content.

I already have this set and have scanned thru it all and assure you the
ad time is minimal but quite enjoyable.  When they are promoting their
records they do perform some sample from it and that might be what you
are considering commercial content.  The program that is a tribute to
television is magnificent, as is the Mikado Rehearsal.  I can tell you
that when I was a kid KFO sold me on getting the Alice In Wonderland set
on 45s -- my first 45s in fact.   Still have the set but I still prefer
Ginger Rogers on Decca.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com