[78-L] microphone technology

neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com neechevoneeznayou at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 06:55:43 PST 2010

 From time to time we have discussed on this list the advancements in
disc recording technology and the ability to capture high freqs.

Have we ever discussed microphone advancements?

I am listening this morning to the Rachmaninoff Second Symphony in
Sokolov's 1928 Brunswick reading with the Cleveland O. The sound of the
violin section is clearly limited above a certain frequency.

I am wondering if someone can cite a specific number for an upper limit,
and further describe how that number went up by a given year.

joe salerno