[78-L] BE Nit Pick

martha MLK402 at verizon.net
Wed Dec 8 16:45:50 PST 2010

 They used a Westinghouse RC RA-DA set,  manufactured well after Election Day 1920.  The horn speaker they used couldn't
have been plugged directly into a RADA, as the RADA was amplified only enough for headphones.  And they'd need a long wire
antenna, ground connection, and batteries - plus a signal strong enough to reach Atlantic City, of course.

 The point about getting the returns from a newspaper office & not from radio is what matters, though.   The dame who called
attention to the radio was the most distracting part of that scene, because she looked like Harpo Marx !