[78-L] Last Night's Boardwalk Empire

martha MLK402 at verizon.net
Tue Dec 7 02:14:40 PST 2010

 The acoustic jazz (during Nucky's party) could be the ODJB; I've heard the
tune, but can't remember it ...   then follows a Venetian Trio type record,
while the Halloween cake is eaten (and there's a high-pitched electronic
buzz during only this scene, which doesn't sound like a 1920 sorta noise!)
..  then what sounds like Victor Herbert's Edison Amberol record of Naughty
Marietta Selections (1911), back at Dabney's place.

 Using old records as faint background music is getting a little weird in
this program;  where is it supposed to be coming from?  Who, in Dabney
Coleman's mansion, would be playing barely audible Victor Herbert records?
Halloween is a little cold to have windows open in NJ, so it can't be the
neighbors.  Hearing music which we know to be from ancient records is what
makes it harder to accept than the Music From The Ether we hear in most
shows....

 Picky picky, I know. (there's an electric motor hum in Nucky's bedroom,
speaking of picky. Maybe the weird noises are just on my recording of the
show, which is possible!)