[78-L] Hank, the Yodeling Ranger

78records at cdbpdx.com 78records at cdbpdx.com
Sun Dec 5 12:48:07 PST 2010

Thanks for the information about these records!  I finally got them recorded, a couple good ones in the group.  Listen at:

http://78records.cdbpdx.com/HSnow/

Thanks!  CDB

Message: 7
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 07:23:18 -0800
From: Cary Ginell <soundthink at live.com>
Subject: Re: [78-L] Hank, the Yodeling Ranger (and other things too
    numerous to mention)
To: <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>

To answer Dave's question, yes, I have that LP. It's called "The Old and Great Songs" - RCA Camden CAL-836. These are mostly songs from the 1940s but there are two tracks from the '30s: "The Blue Velvet Band" (11/8/37) and "The Texas Cowboy" (2/6/39). This is an album I treasure as well. I remember borrowing a copy from the Brand Library in Glendale many, many years ago and looked for it for years at swap meets. I l learned all about electronically reprocessed stereo from this Camden series and how to avoid it like the plague. But the mono versions actually sound pretty good.

Cary Ginell