[78-L] A friendly reminder from ARSC

Tim Brooks tbroo2 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 4 10:39:12 PST 2010

This is a friendly reminder that proposals for presentations at the annual ARSC Conference next May in Los Angeles are due on January 3, 2011, just four weeks from now.

We expect to have 200-300 attendees, including experts from the recording and archival scene in Southern California and throughout the country. Given the expertise of the folks on this list I know there are some fascinating presentations just waiting to be given.

Presentations on all types of recording-related subjects, in all fields of music, sound preservation and archival matters, are welcome. And an ARSC conference always offers good times with good friends. Why not consider presenting?

The proposal form is available on the ARSC website, at www.arsc-audio.org/conference.

If you really hustle, and
 are a first-time attendee, you may be eligible for a travel grant. Details at www.arsc-audio.org/conference/travelgrants.html. The deadline for grant applications is December 10, 2010.

Tim Brooks