[78-L] Hank, the Yodeling Ranger (and other things too numerous to mention)

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Fri Dec 3 21:26:00 PST 2010

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [78-L] Hank, the Yodeling Ranger
From: Dan Van Landingham <danvanlandingham at yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, December 03, 2010 11:33 pm
To: 78-L Mail List <78-l at klickitat.78online.com>

> Do any one of you out there own an RCA Camden Hank Snow LP which has some of the
> 1930s
> tracks.I grew up listening to my parent's sing Hank Snow but it was of the stuff
> he did here.I have
> that RCA Camden track of those Snow Canadian Bluebirds.Sorry for rather getting
> off the beaten
> track there in the Ukranian recordings.

So why get off the beaten track again HERE????  Go back to the Ukranian
thread and comment in it.

> It was fascinating reading.For what it's
> worth,I really know
> little of the eastern European scene there save a couple of 10 in 78s on the
> USSR label.This was
> back in the late '78s.I had two pressings.This is as close as your previous
> thread I can get.

Then go BACK to that PREVIOUS THREAD and post on IT.  What does this
have to do with Hank Snow??????  Except that there is snow in Ukraine.

> I don't
> really know much of Eastern Recorded Music save what I hear by my Shortwave
> radios.I would
> like to know more from your forum regarding the Yiddish music what was recorded
> for Victor in
> 1917.

So start a NEW thread and ask a question THERE?  You will find a lot of
us willing to help, but jumping from topic to topic to topic to topic
all in one posting will not find the proper readers.

> I enjoy reading the feedback on these different forms of early record
> music.I am primarily a
> jazz record collector from 1915 through 1956.Some of the Hank Snow I have is
> from 1937,The
> LP dates from circa 1963.

A lot of list members fit that description also, but to find them you
need to post on one topic at a time with a subject line that describes
it.

To add to Julian's comment about your message formatting, are you
hitting the enter button at the end of lines like a typewriter return
key?  Doesn't you computer have automatic "word wrap" like every other
computer?  Also, you keep forgetting to space after the period at the
end of sentences.

Mike Biel   mbiel at mbiel.com