[78-L] Chick Webb vinyl tests (was: LYRIC Label by LYRAPHONE, Newark NJ.)

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Fri Dec 3 21:17:53 PST 2010

For what it's worth, I have a vinyl Decca test from about 1941, made by Compo
in Canada. Tony Martin singing a Ruth Lowe song, so it might have been a
special pressing for Ruth in Toronto. All US Decca tests I've ever seen from
before the late 40s have been shellac..I think Decca even pressed
transcriptions on shellac before acquiring World.

BANG! Was that a gun? Say, speaking of guns.... (old joke)

dl