[78-L] Hank, the Yodeling Ranger

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 3 20:33:23 PST 2010

Do any one of you out there own an RCA Camden Hank Snow LP which has some of the
1930s
tracks.I grew up listening to my parent's sing Hank Snow but it was of the stuff
he did here.I have
that RCA Camden track of those Snow Canadian Bluebirds.Sorry for rather getting
off the beaten
track there in the Ukranian recordings.It was fascinating reading.For what it's
worth,I really know
little of the eastern European scene there save a couple of 10 in 78s on the
USSR label.This was
back in the late '78s.I had two pressings.This is as close as your previous
thread I can get.I don't
really know much of Eastern Recorded Music save what I hear by my Shortwave
radios.I would
like to know more from your forum regarding the Yiddish music what was recorded
for Victor in
1917.I enjoy reading the feedback on these different forms of early record
music.I am primarily a
jazz record collector from 1915 through 1956.Some of the Hank Snow I have is
from 1937,The
LP dates from circa 1963.