[78-L] P. Colin (French?) record label, and artist Haouzi El Beidi

Ate van Delden ate.vandelden at worldonline.nl
Mon Nov 29 00:38:23 PST 2010

Paul Colin was the artist who made the famous poster for the 1925 Revue
Negre which made Josephine Baker a star. Its jazzband included Sidney Bechet
and Claude Hopkins. Colin was an inspiration for Dutch artist Boy ten Hove
about whom I did a book. I didn't know there was a record label by that
name.
Incidentally, one Colin did front pages for early issues of Rhythm, a fine
British monthly from the Thirties. Was he the same Paul Colin?