[78-L] A Sonora Victor

david.diehl at hensteeth.com david.diehl at hensteeth.com
Sun Nov 28 12:49:53 PST 2010

Counterfeiting was a big problem at that time, primarily with indie race records. In 1948 Savoy even took out ads in the trades warning dealers and distributors. But these Victor discs would have been easy to trace once detected; why go to the trouble of engraving the issue numbers in such a distinctive, non-Victorian manner?
 DJD
Visit the Blue Pages: the Encyclopedic Guide to 78 RPM Party Records
http://www.hensteeth.com