[78-L] LYRIC Label by LYRAPHONE, Newark NJ.

78records at cdbpdx.com 78records at cdbpdx.com
Sat Nov 27 18:41:15 PST 2010

Just brought home a collection of 78s and found 5 double sided LYRIC label 10" records by Lyraphone Co, Newark, NJ.  Some poking around on the internet shows these to be kind of scarce.  2 of them are marked Lateral and 3 have a Price $1.00 instead on the label.

You can view them here:

http://78labels.cdbpdx.com/LYRIC/

I recorded a few they were vertical cut.  I'm sure the 2 marked Lateral are lateral cut but the other 3 I'm not sure of.  The grooves look lateral cut to me, but they're not marked as such.

Any comments?

Thanks!  CDB