[78-L] Canadian Ace

Steven stevenc at interlinks.net
Thu Nov 25 20:58:32 PST 2010

From: David Lennick
> I've seen a number of Compo French Canadian double length discs, a number
> of
them on Starr. Usually worn to the point of unplayability.

Numbers...?!
> Brian Boyd had the one and only Winchester issue, two dance band sides by
> Joe
de Courcy (Toronto bandleader). Even Joe's son Paul (Toronto newscaster)
doesn't know anything about the circumstances of this recording, made 18-20
years before he was born.

NEVER seen one...! Of course, there were many one-off Compo labels...Herbert
Berliner would happily run off a few for ANYBODY who would pay his price
therefor...!

Were my 78's NOT in total disarray, I could provide a list of such...?!

Steven C. Barr