[78-L] Canadian Ace

Steven stevenc at interlinks.net
Thu Nov 25 19:29:04 PST 2010

From: Han Enderman
> Does someone have info on the Canadian Ace label (from Lachine, Montreal)?
Label image of 351012-A (Majestic Dance O.) gives: "Double Length" and
> lists 2 tune titles.
> Rust lists an issue (351024) under Teagarden 1931 (with Rollini), from
> Banner etc.
> Is this also a 78 with 4 tracks?
> Anything more known?

Compo's Ace label was one of a small group which issued 2-songs-per-side
78's c.1931. The songs were Compo dubbings of ARC sides; they were
remastered to create shorter versions suitable for doubling up. The matrix
numbers are Compo's; they were assigned to the resulting two-tune sides.

I list Ace, Domino and Sterling as having issued the x51### records; there
may be others?! The records are extremely rare up here...!

Steven C. Barr