[78-L] Canadian Ace

David Lennick dlennick at sympatico.ca
Thu Nov 25 19:24:53 PST 2010

That's a label I don't think I've seen before, but Compo had all sorts of label
names..like Winchester, which produced one release (I think). Joe Showler would
have known of 351024, being the Teagarden expert. There were quite a few double
length issues produced by Compo in the early 30s, and they tried to get an echo
effect by playing two copies of the disc slightly out of sync..must have
required four turntables and a lot of patience, especially when they'd run out
of groove space (Merde! Zut alors! Encore une fois).

dl