[78-L] KAY KYSER ON TCM ("YOU'LL FIND OUT)

Dan Van Landingham danvanlandingham at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 23 15:30:55 PST 2010

Thanks for the info.That early morning cartoon bit the dust sometime in the '80s
as did another
one that came on around 3:00 or 3:30.The television station was KPTV in
Portland,Oregon.I
haven't seen them in many years although I did have them on Beta back around
1981 or '82.
The host of the early morning show was a man in Portland named Rod Anders.They
were one of
the first tv stations in Portland;KGW and KOIN were the other two.There was KHTV
which was
a UHF station.It was off the air around 1960.I've seen some DVDs of those old
Warner Brothers
cartoons at Wal Mart.They sold new for $1.00 but Goodwill sells them used,of
course,for $4.95.
I was always rather leary of the quality but at $1.00 who cared.The afternoon
show was called
"Cartoon Castle" which had an annoying theme song played on a Hammond
organ.Those shows
were on the air back when I was in grade school in the early '60s.