[78-L] Any Buddy Clark fans out there? (Don't all answer at once)

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Fri Nov 19 09:54:01 PST 2010

This was sent to me by Percy Faith's granddaughter, who is a friend of mine. Does anyone know of a Buddy Clark collector or fan club where these recordings can be housed?

I have a rather extensive collection of the WW II
  era recordings carefully digitized and preserved with PERFECT handwritten
  titles and times by a gentleman Wally Antuck, who I don’t believe is with us
  anymore.  Even while he was doing this work I told him I wasn’t the IDEAL
  recipient, to put it mildly, because I’m not at all a fan of vocalists and
  Buddy Clark is from a time when – well the less said the
  better.

  Still, there are probably 50 CD’s full of material
  that Wally carefully restored taken from THE MELODY HOUR, from 16”
  transcription discs.  I’ve done some searching, and there don’t seem to
  be Buddy Clark fans out there.  Wally always said “I’d know what to do
  with these recordings when the time comes” only I do not know!  Your mom
  was uninterested; she mentioned that outside of these shows that to me are
  “chopped up Carnation Contented Hours” meant for the AFRS, at least in
  part.  It’s too long before even I was born (!) in 1952 to understand
  some of these things.

  Though there was a rare instrumental/orchestral
  track or an occasional vocal guest, most shows were strictly Buddy Clark with
  backings by Percy Faith.

Please contact me if anyone has any leads or interest in this.

Cary Ginell