[78-L] sophie wannabe

Steven stevenc at interlinks.net
Tue Nov 16 20:21:55 PST 2010

From: martha
> Here's another little detail, which just occurred to me:  How many modest
> cars had electric starters in 1920?  Have they
shown anybody crank-starting an automobile?  I would think that collectors
of old cars equip them with starters, because
cranking is so dangerous.  My grandfather explained to me a certain way to
set the controls on a Model T Ford so that one
could walk up to it, give it a hard kick, and it would start - that would be
something to see on Boardwalk Empire !

And there is, of course, a related 78 of that vintage...! On Victor (and
others?) by
Billy Murray, IIRC...!

"Get Out and Get Under"...
"He'd have to get under, get out and get under, to fix up his auto-mobile"

Steven C. Barr