[78-L] Mimosa and Little Marvel

Dingo roadie at btinternet.com
Tue Nov 16 02:35:25 PST 2010

From:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mimosa_(record_label)

Mimosa was a 1920s United Kingdom record label which issued small (5½ - 6
inch) gramophone records aimed primarily at children.

Mimosa began in 1921 with a series of 5½ inch records. This continued until
1926 when a separate series of 6 inch records became available; the label
was discontinued in 1930.

The label was owned by The Crystalate Gramophone Record Manufacturing
Company Ltd., which also manufactured Imperial records. Some Mimosa records
contained edited versions of recordings already issued on the Imperial
label - this was also the case with Mimosa's sister label Kiddyphone.

As with Vocalion's Little Marvel label, Mimosa records were sold exclusively
in UK Woolworth's chain stores, at a retail price of 6d (sixpence).
~~
John D