[78-L] Mimosa and Little Marvel

Tyrone Settlemier talk78s.settlemier at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 14 19:29:02 PST 2010

I picked up some British discs recently.  Among them were some small diameter records.  Several are on the Mimosa label.  There seems to be no pattern to the size of the disc, other than they're smaller than 7" and larger than a Little Wonder disc.  Many of the dance tunes are quite peppy.

There are also several Little Marvel records.  These are of two types, one of a smaller diameter, these have no catalog numbers.  The other type is a little larger, and are designated as electrically recorded, and have catalog numbers assigned.

Would someone be so kind as to shed some light on these for me?  Also, there were some 7" Victory discs, which seem to date to about 1930.

I really don't know where to begin to seek information about these.

Many thanks!
Tyrone