[78-L] Reissue 78's...

Cary Ginell soundthink at live.com
Sat Nov 13 17:53:12 PST 2010

Wrong again. The success of the United Hot Clubs of America issues by the Commodore Music Shop in the late '30s resulted in reissues by Victor and Columbia by the mid-40s. There weren't a lot, but they did do several series of reissues of stuff by Armstrong, Bechet, Henderson, et. al., much of it thanks to George Avakian. John Steiner was also doing reissues of Paramount material about this time.

Cary Ginell