[78-L] Average age

Michael Biel mbiel at mbiel.com
Sat Nov 13 14:09:19 PST 2010

Well, unless you can prove that the radio was nearby on when you were
born, I KNOW that the night before I was born I attended a gala opera
concert at Lewisohn Stadium in NYC.  My parents remembered that Jan
Peerce performed, and earlier this year when I was researching thru the
NY Times I found the ad for the concert.  It was a Philharmonic-Symphony
Orch concert "A Night In Italy" that featured not only Peerce but
Giuseppe De Luca.  Also Marie Rondahl and Claramae Turner, with
Alexander Smallens conducting.  Tickets were 30 cents up to a top of
$1.80.  My mother's doctor was furious when he found out she had been
there the day before going into labor, but I probably enjoyed the
concert.

Mike Biel  mbiel at mbiel.com